- By the end of March, the Board will have severalÂ building project optionsÂ for the church to consider. These options will include general details of cost, location, size, and pros/cons of building new and remodeling an existing facility. This information will be available for review/comment before and after worship.
- The church will have 4 weeks toÂ provide feedback, questions, ideas, and concerns. We will have individual conversations, gather feedback on Sunday mornings, and holdÂ a town-hall meeting to listen and dialog. We NEED yourÂ voice in this process!! How do you want to use a facility? What do you care about? What don’t you care about?
- After that time, the Board will take your feedback, think about it, pray over it, discuss it, and come back with aÂ single proposal. This proposal will includeÂ more specific details of cost, location, and size for what we would be looking for. If you’ve ever purchased a house, this would be the picture you make in your mind (and/or with your spouse) before really considering available houses. You don’t look forÂ anyÂ houseâ€”you have a pretty narrow scope of what you’re looking for. We’re hoping to work this process in the coming weeks/months so that at our next Congregational Business Meeting (on May 20) the Members will be able toÂ voteÂ on this proposal. If you aren’t a Member but would like to be, there’s a Discovering Membership class this Sunday (Mar 18). Or let me know and we can work through the Membership process. Congregational approval is required for this project: “The congregation shall approve by simple majority vote of members present: new elders, the call of the lead pastor, the annual church budget, the purchase or sale of property, building campaigns, and large capital improvements or outlays.” (Article VIII).
- If the Members approve the proposal, then we would start aÂ capital campaignÂ to raise the appropriate funds to purchase the right property, when it becomes available.
- When we find the right property and have the funding in place, then we would proceed with theÂ purchaseÂ andÂ build/remodel
- When the facility is ready, we’llÂ celebrateÂ like crazy andÂ relocate.